Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tori Amos

So, I've been away for a while. Major life changes since I last wrote. Still in the long long process of picking myself back up and brushing myself off, and I keep falling, but that's ok. It's all part of the process.
On that note, (pun intended - keep reading, you'll see), I have to say that lately I've been obsessed with Tori Amos again. I love music, it moves me, it changes my mood, it brings me great great happiness. I have like 9000 songs in my itunes (which I don't recommend - bogs down too much), and if you ever ask me who's my fave - it's Tori. What I think is really cool is her music has so many layers, and so applicable over my life, that depending on what's going on in my life, I get different meanings to her songs. So, right now I'm listening to Boys For Pele as I think I'm still struggling with being co-dependent, particularly on the moods of the men in my life, particularly because I can't seem to do everything right, or hurt their feelings, or dis-appoint them. And Honestly, I'm tired of being dependant on anyone. Actually it's not just men, it's all close friends or family. I want to stand alone, like the cheese. So, redirecting myself here, I need to work on myself, hence the blog, and not be worried if anyone is disappointed in me for any reason, usually based on me not giving them enough attention. Next right thing.
Love and hugs,
Joyel

No comments: