Monday, December 7, 2009

Serenity

I think of the serenity prayer, soooo wise...
Accepting:
So, what I think I have to accept.... is that we will always be practicing.. maybe practicing different things, but there will never be a top of the mountain, I reached my goal, I'm done. I may have that feeling for a moment, but there’s always a bigger peak to climb next and there's always a big fuzzy grey line as to what is good and bad and right and wrong and right for you might not be right for me.
I think that when we accept... when we realize, every "perfect" person in the world feels the same way about their life.. has the same issues... it's like.. oh...ok.... this is how it is..I'll always be practicing....I can't change that... I'll never be 100% content 100% of the time...then, true happiness comes, when we accept.
Changing:
Awareness of what is not working and what you can change is so powerful. I can choose what to do to balance.. what I say, what I do, what I buy, what I eat, what I drink, if I workout or not.
Wisdom:This is what I know for sure: I KNOW I feel way better, mood, energy, etc. if I work out and eat well. I KNOW that I get a headache and grumpy when I eat sugar. I KNOW that I have so much more energy after running. I KNOW that my body feels so good after yoga. I KNOW I like whole foods better than junk food. I KNOW that if I just did some alternate nostril breathing that I calm down. I know that certain people are not good for me. I know when to say NO to people pleasing. I know and can name my feelings.

No comments: