Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Wizard of Oz

Definitely one of the top 10 desert island movies, all time favorite. I don't know why we keep forgetting the really important lessons in life... I have had it all along. There's nothing I need to get outside of myself, food, alcohol, reassurance. just take then next right step. just walk on the journey. just keep going. Similar to the Boys for Pele post a couple days ago, almost on a daily basis, I have to remind myself of my independence. Don't get me wrong, I think we need friends and family and community and work that inspires us, but I find that when I'm disappointed in work or love, I just feel so crushed. I have to remind myself... they just feelings.. nothing more than feelings... Sigh.. ok... let's go feet.
Thanks for taking me where I need to go. Thanks to my brain for letting me remember this today.
Peace

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Joyelee

I was just reading through some of your blogs and I'm sure you already know this, but you are way cooler than me. You always have been. I wish my mind could be as free as yours and I wish there weren't so many crappy things taking up my mental energy instead of the things and people that really matter. By the way. . you matter. . and thanks for making me remember what does! Love ya still. Annie

Cheers! said...

Well, dear, no I don't know I'm cool, but thanks so much for telling me. You really made me smile ear to ear. Love you and always will. I say evict all that crappy stuff in your head. tell them - you can't live here anymore. next right thing.
Joyelee